Friday, October 7, 2011

WIRRAL SOCIETY OF ARTS

Annual Exhibition 2011

Williamson Art Gallery & Museum
Slatey Road, Birkenhead, Wirral CH43 4UE
Tel. 0151 652 4177
Saturday 15th October to Sunday 20th November 2011

The above paintings are two of four that have been selected to be shown at the Williamson Art Gallery.

Iris 
While I was visiting Ness Gardens, I came across this beautiful Iris. I was particularly drawn to the strong contrast of light and shadow. I felt it would make an interesting painting. I painted this in watercolour.

Autumn Leaves
I was at a local garden centre admiring the plants. It had just stopped raining and the sun came out. I had my camera with me so could not resist taking photographs. I painted this picture in watercolour and gouache.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, such beautiful paintings here. you are so good at waterdrops!

    ReplyDelete