Its finished. I continued working on the rest of the leaves using washes of sap green and sunlit green with a number four brush. Midnight green was used for the shadows. I then added some white gouache with a number one brush for the lightest areas.
The stems on the left hand side of the picture were painted using a number two brush with Yellow ochre. For the shadow areas vandyke brown was used.
The flower was painted with a number two brush with washes of cadmium yellow, increasing the intensity of the washes for the darker tonal values. For the centre of the flower I used a small amount of burnt sienna. Raw sienna and a small amount of neutral tint was used for the shadows.
This really is a tangled painting of leaves and was such good fun to paint.